Sneezy the Snowman

We read Sneezy the Snowman this week...I had not read it before and it is the CUTEST! My kids loved that silly snowman!
We have been working hard on story elements and retelling stories and this book is perfect for that! It has a clear problem and solution and the events are pretty easy to do sequential order.

My teammate suggested  making up a little page with all of the pieces from the story so that our kids could tape them onto a popsicle stick {because everything is more fun with a popsicle stick attached!} to retell the story.

We went through the book and ordered the events in the story. I had a Smartboard lesson that my kids could refer back to.
 The LOVED doing this - and I can tell you that every. single. child. was successful. I put them in partners and they lined up all the pieces to retell. It was fun hearing them use the phrases from the story to retell their partners, and made my heart warm to know that they were really getting it!

If you'd like to snag up these pieces and a retelling worksheet also, click on the pictures below to snag the freebie!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9UlJnYD3dZGVVY0UW41X1ZrTkE/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9UlJnYD3dZGVVY0UW41X1ZrTkE/view?usp=sharing
I hope your kids can use this and enjoy it like mine did! Have a happy Friday!



5 comments

  1. I've never heard of this book either, but I'm so glad you shared it! I just added it to my Amazon cart. My kiddos love doing retelling activities and this one is so cute.
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the freebie! Found the book on Scholastic for $1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I bought this for my students as a Christmas gift from the December Scholastic. They loved the story.
    ✿Tiffani Time 4 Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for a perfect retelling activity! I have never used the story, but just picked it up at the library!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it so much! My five year old is obsessed with Sneezy and I can't wait to share the book with my kindlers next week

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me!

Back to Top