Better mood!

Happy Saturday to you!

Ya'll.... I've been SO stinkin' tired this week! It's a good thing the first week of school only comes around once a year because I am WIPED this week! And I still have so. much. to. do! It's only uphill from here though, right?!?!

We're sitting at 25 kids and boy have I been working hard to get them into "school shape" this week! They are just as exhausted as us teachers - poor babies! I have never had so many kids in my class without help. When I taught pre-k I often had 24-26 kids in my class but I had (2!) full time aides. It was manageable! I admire all of you California teachers that have 30+ kids in your class! I don't know how you do it year after year!

So Wednesday morning I woke up in a grumbly (just made that word up) mood. My legs were tired, my feet were sore and I was just mentally exhausted! I packed my kids up in the car and as we were driving to daycare Ella asked me to put "her music" on. Her music is a kid's praise and worship cd, so I changed it for her. As we were driving and her little 4 year old heart was singing along to "God of Wonders" I had to stop myself mentally and think about how God has put these 25 little blessings in my hands for the next year. I have each and every one of them in my class for a reason, and it is my job to do my very best to care and nurture and build them emotionally and academically.

I have always felt this way but we all know what stress can do to you! It's amazing what a certain little 4 year old singing praise and worship can do to uplift you, also! I'm so glad that happened on Wednesday and I was able to finish out the rest of the week on a good note! It gets tough sometimes, but I know that I can make a difference in each one of my kiddo's lives and I'm so glad to be entrusted with them throughout the year.

If you haven't read this yet, click on over to read "Why I hated Meredith's First Grade Teacher: An open Letter to America's Teachers" It sure is heart warming and you will be sure to shed a tear or two by then end - I know I did! 
Photobucket

11 comments

  1. Wow, that is a lot of little ones to teach all by yourself. I hope you have a relaxing weekend and feel rejuvenated for next week!

    Liliris
    Fourth Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this story. Thinking of your little one singing in the back seat put a smile on my face too. You have the perfect attitude to take on this challenge and I know you will do great.
    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this article and loved it:) hope you have a restful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 30+ is hard, but I can't imagine 25 kinders (my school's kindergarten just got raised to 25 this year too). At least my 32 4th graders have been trained in how to be at school before! I admire you Kinder teachers!

    -Dani (a California teacher)
    A Place to Thrive

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your pain girl- were sitting at 24 and I am sure well get more this week after the long weekend. Love your story- Its hard to remember this when you have beginning kinder babies. I keep reminding myself that I have them for a reason and how can i glorify God in the way I interact with them! =) Thanks for sharing!
    Lauren
    Miss Augustine's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a heartwarming story & one that we all need to hear at this time of year. Good luck with everything & your students are so lucky to have you make a positive influence on their lives!! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Why I Hated Meredith's 1st Grade Teacher" had me bawling when I read it. SO GOOD! I start school on Tuesday, and already know that I will be completely wiped out by Wednesday evening! But isn't it such a gift to KNOW that you are doing exactly what God created you to do?!? And all of those kidlets in your class ARE there for a reason. They need you and you need them! I love looking back at the end of the year and realizing how much some of my Kindies have taught ME! Happy second week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing and reminding just how real all those feelings for parents on the 1st day of school. Enjoy your weekend...breath, relax and have a fabulous year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely posting. A special thanks for sharing the Open Letter. I'm sharing it with my Early Childhood Education students (college level) first thing on Tuesday morning.

    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to hear my children singing praise songs. Even on the worst days, that can put a smile on my face! I've never had such a large class (we are capped at 18), but I have faith that God will carry you through. Thankfully we have this long weekend to rest and recover.
    Teachin' First

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me!

Back to Top